Study Permit


Study Permit


Tourist Visa

With a study permit, you can enroll as an international student at a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada.


You must apply for a study permit if you are an international student who wants to attend a Canadian university:


immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada issues study visas (IRCC).


You are allowed to study in Canada at a designated learning institution (DLI) with the help of a study permit.


However, you do not require a study permit if the following conditions apply to your case:

  • Your course of study lasts no more than six months.
  • You are a Canadian citizen with small children.
  • You are a family member or employee accompanying a foreign representative.
  • You serve in the military of a nation that has been designated for the purposes of the Visiting Forces Act.
  • You are a registered Indian.


Who is Eligible for a Study Permit?

To be qualified for a study visa in Canada, the following conditions must be met:


  • Possess a letter of admission from a Canadian designated learning institution (DLI).
  • Show that you have the means to sustain your stay in Canada.
  • Not be a felon barred from entering.
  • If necessary, pass a medical examination.
  • Persuade a border agent that you plan to depart Canada after your study visa expires.


Which Programs are Offered Under Study Permits?

The pursuing courses are available with study permits:


Work While Studying: If you're an international student studying in Canada, you can work without obtaining a work visa. However, you can only work while studying if your course of study will last more than six months and result in a degree, diploma, or certificate.


Working Off-Campus: Working off-campus is working for a company off-campus. You are allowed to work off-campus for 20 hours per week during the academic year and full-time during specified breaks if you have a study permit.


Student Direct Stream (SDS): If you're an international student, the SDS allows you to expedite the application for your study visa. However, to be considered, you must be a citizen of one of the nations that are qualified and have an upfront Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC).

Your source for trusted Strategic Planning and Advice